St Norbert’s Chaplaincy Team
Key Stage 2 children have the opportunity to serve our school as part of the chaplaincy team. Anyone can apply and often children put others forward.
The Chaplaincy team play a vital role in the spiritual life of the school and are supported by the Headteacher, R.E. Subject leader and Collective Worship leader.
The Aims of our Chaplaincy team include the following:
- To help the school to grow as a community of faith.
- To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- To support Liturgy, prayer, and the spiritual life of the school.
- To continue to involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- To support the school community to live the virtues and themes of Catholic Social Teaching.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
The following are our five top tips to help us to be a successful and effective Chaplaincy Team:
- Listen to each other’s ideas.
- Communicate with all team members, school and Parish.
- Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
- Include everyone when making decisions.
- Lead by example, love everyone, care for everyone especially people you don’t get on with.